Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Bon Voyage

Greetings everyone and I hope y'all had a wonderful Independence day!

So here I sit on the eve of my World Tour 2008, anxiously awaiting to set sail. I wish I could say "All my bags are packed; I'm ready to go" (sorry had to give John Denver a shout out), but I still have some things to do. I think I've got everything I need, I just need to pack it all up. My flight isn't schedule to leave until 2:30 tomorrow afternoon, but I'm a little apprehensive since we're supposed to have some thunder storms come through about the time of the flight. So we'll see what will happen. I'm not looking terribly foward to the 17 hours of flight time that I'm facing but luckily I have a few movies and some work to do. Tomorrow I fly to Washington DC, where I'll change planes and head off to Zurich, Switzerland. A couple hours later, I leave the Land of the Alps, Kingdom of Neutrality or if you prefer Homeland of the Swatch, and take off for Nairobi, Kenya.

I am going to try to update this at least weekly with pictures and any interesting stories. Feel free to drop me a line or if you have an idea for an interesting photograph, send it to me and I will do what I can. I would love this to be interactive if possible, so send your suggestions! I got a new camera for this trip so I'm psyched to play around with it.

So for now, I bid adieu and leave you with some recent photos from around Charleston and one of me sailing a drug boat.








"Worry about your own fortunes gentlemen. The deepest circle of hell is reserved for betrayers and mutineers." (10 points to whoever can tell me where that quote comes from)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pirates of the Caribbean...Jack Sparrow :)

Did I win? I love a competition!
Mom

Nick ~ said...

Yes. 10 Points to Mom! But which Pirates of the Caribbean? 5 bonus points if you can report which one!

Anonymous said...

According to another Blog, it's in the third movie.
Your blog comes up on page two of the Google search for this quote, btw.

Jansen

Anonymous said...

Glad to know you are doing alright. Have fun in Kenya!